SynerScope is looking for a Senior Architect
As a Senior Architect you are responsible for the proper setup of a new and world class Software as a Service, Big Data product.
You will have to make sure that the IPs and traits of Synerscope are mapped to the software development roadmap such that we build a strong product with a solid and appealing roadmap. In doing this you will have to make sure you choose the right Azure Building Blocks. Your choices are fundamental for the future success of the company and should therefore be sustainable for the long term.
The platform + product should be built in a way that there is flexibility at all times to change components and building blocks when better suitable components become available.
For our customers the product should be highly trustworthy whereby we can always prove that our product is properly set up by design and can deal with the highest requirements regarding security, performance, traceability and scalability.
Your input is primarily from the Management team & the Product Owner role. You will have a keen interest in building up your own vision of the big data market and competitor analysis to be a proper sparring partner for your internal stakeholders.
You must be a real team player, willing to actively contribute to a good and productive atmosphere with all your stakeholders in the company. You have a strong drive to improve your skills and have a true love for engineering. You have a commitment to innovation and excellence, and can work well under pressure and independently.
A good command of the English language is necessary. The position is based in Helvoirt. We have a policy of working in the office as much as possible, taking into account the RIVM regulations (due to Covid-19).
SynerScope is a very innovative company providing products for highly advanced data analysis and visualization in Big Data Information Technology. We create new visions and next-generation solutions by working with multiple kinds and massive amounts of structured and unstructured data at the same time.
We were founded in 2011 and are now in the phase of scaling up towards a full breed company. We’re VC financed and have a start-up mentality combined with scale up phasing.
We are located in a stylish historic building in Helvoirt near ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
Your main responsibilities
- Make sure that architectural choices are made that will provide the right framework for a world class big data SaaS solution.
- Input for the development team for -at minimum- the next 6 weeks (3 sprints) ahead, with a high level view on the roadmap spanning many months.
- Look ahead and discuss future building blocks with colleagues, Microsoft and stakeholders to stay ahead of the game and top of future building blocks.
- Inform your stakeholders on the main choices you are contemplating for the technical roadmap.
- Make sure there is ample time to prepare and discuss foreseen innovations so that a proper and timely decision can be made by the company.
- Get all the needed information if not provided, stay proactive.
- Participate in the specification and the design of the in-house solutions.
- Take responsibility in the input to the feature development and follow-through with development team members.
- Regularly suggests enhancements to the existing solutions.
- Participate in talks/demos with the development team.
- Take the lead in discussions related to (future) design, architecture, and functionality.
- Think along in terms of the CI/CD process, automated testing, testing at scale, PEP code. And develop a jointly accepted policy in close cooperation with the development team.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
Capable of coming up with creative solutions.
- Proven ability to design and design mission critical software and PaaS/SaaS solutions.
- Have a very good conceptual understanding and experience on (choosing and implementing) Azure core components, e.g. blobs, azure (durable) functions, queuing mechanism, HDI, ADLS, etc.
- Proven knowledge of design methodologies. For example Design Patterns, Anti-patterns.
Your specific technical skills
- Track record with designing and building high demand customer environments in Azure.
- Good knowledge on concepts of Relational and NoSQL databases (Synapse/SQL Server, Postgres, Redis, etc.).
- Some experience with data analysis and visualization is an advantage.
- Azure AZ30X certifications are a strong plus.
While it isn’t a requirement, we’d also love to see a link to your Github account, links to your blogs, and details of any Open Source contributions or other projects.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining SynerScope, please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us a cover letter along with your resume telling us why you think you’re perfect for our team.
Acquisition concerning this vacancy is not appreciated.