Ixivault™ – software to get on top of all your enterprise data
The cloud offers compute, memory and storage horsepower and efficient cost to get every bit of information extracted from data. But it needs new software instead of a lift&shift of traditional analytical software to really obtain the benefits. And then there is the question what data to transfer to the cloud? Data silos, structured and unstructured data, Dark Data all stand in the way of an easy transfer. GDPR exacerbates this as it introduces three main challenges that Compliance, Risk and Data Protection functions must deal with, and on which they base their advice to the LOBs and Executive leadership:
- Does your cloud computing connect with the sensitivity of the data you entrusted or want to entrust to the cloud? If a cloud computing solution is chosen where data processing and/or storing are shared between enterprise customers, the risk of data leakage is present.
- The question which law applies: again the choice of software or software platform determines if sovereignty principles about the physical location at which certain sensitive data is held can be met.
- The externalization of privacy requires that no cracks exist between the contracts an enterprise makes with software or platform vendors, the services companies, and the cloud vendor.
These are real hurdles in taking maximum advantage of the speed, scalability, flexibility and cost efficiency of the cloud. Much of this potential is lost when an enterprise at best feels safe transferring only parts of their data. The holes in this ‘Emmental’ cheese of data gets even bigger when we realize that most enterprises have near 70% of Dark Data. (Satya Nadella at Microsoft Inspire 2019)
We propose to scan all content of the enterprise data and using the cloud to perform that in a safe way. For this purpose, SynerScope introduces its Ixivault™ on Microsoft Azure. The setup is entirely within the enterprise’s own Azure tenant through Azure marketplace. The loading to the cloud and bulk scanning happens there (called a vault). The unknown dark data is transformed into known data and silo-ed data is linked so that a grounded decision on its release for further use can be made. Data that cannot be released for wider use in the enterprise cloud tenant is deleted from the vault. Data that’s safe is published for BI, data science and domain expert’s use by different functional departments in the company. All the original data sets stay safely in the company’s data center.
SynerScope turns Dark Data into Bright Data, ready to be used by human combined with machine intelligence for extracting information and value. Our three main solutions Ixivault™, Ixiwa™ and Iximeer™ are designed to handle any type of data in any combination, fast and flexible. Unstructured text, image and IoT data can easily be linked with structured data from ERP, CRM and other operational systems. To facilitate widespread secure and safe working with the data we support the (self) publishing of data to analytic processes (human-machine) under full linkage to the Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) requirements. Granular content-based access control, integration of masking and hashing functions ensure that no eyes will see, and no process will use any un-eligible data (NoXi principle).
To further service the compliance, risk and data protection functions of the company, our systems will log every touch point of the data. Humans and machines can be audited for having worked inside the boundaries of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) set with each Project-DPIA. Providing evidence for an always-appropriate use of data is efficiently supported in SynerScope.
We have built our solution specifically to operate in your own Azure cloud-tenant environment. As an enterprise you directly agree with Microsoft Azure on the SLA’s with regards to data security. Adding SynerScope doesn’t affect these SLA’s and publishing of data inside your enterprise is linked to your own Azure AD set up. SynerScope prefers an Azure set up where all data lives in the ADLS/Blob store (and in its original application source system). We believe data should remain open for use in different applications.
SynerScope is proud to be a partner of Microsoft. We continuously look to exploit the expanding functions of Azure modules. Our serverless architecture provides the flexibility to deploy in any enterprise’s Azure tenant; we gladly welcome you to discuss opportunities to take advantage of your own tenant architecture.
Flexibility and speed of the SynerScope solution is secured by our patented data scanning, matching and visualization technology.
All this we have developed in aid of your move towards a data driven architecture in the cloud, including full compliance and with a view to provide you with significant cost reduction.
The solution is tried and tested to full satisfaction by our clients in the financial & insurance industry & the critical infrastructure industry.
“SynerScope’s platform might best be described as a data lake management product that covers everything from automated ingestion, through discovery and cataloguing to data preparation.” (BloorInDetail – 2018)
SynerScope will bring you:
- Data warehouse optimization / application rationalization
- Optimized use of data, cloud data storage and your cloud data warehouse architecture
- SynerScope as migration and data publishing tool
- Broad use of data in the LOB by domain experts, citizen data scientists or data scientists proper.
Efficiency improvement IT-operations
- Incident/ problem root cause analysis reducing time to repair
- Reduction of incident and problems
- Usage of historical data and archives
The SynerScope Solution:
- Extracting and accelerating insight from data with patented products
- Open technology on Microsoft Azure
- Deployment via Microsoft marketplace
- Stand alone deployment also possible
- Is complementary to third party data cataloguing tools, and adds considerably to the ease of use of unstructured data
- Security and compliance proof (traceable & transparent)
- Fast deployment
- Financial & Insurance industry
- Critical Infrastructure
- Government (safety regions and smart city)